Kelly's Kids was the 14th episode of Season 5 of the Blake Foster's Adventures of The Brady Bunch.
Ken Berry and Brooke Bundy star as the Brady's new neighbors, Jim and Kathy Kelly, who decide to adopt a son and end up with three. Jim and Kathy Kelly select eight-year old Matt from an orphanage. Matt likes his new home, but misses his two friend, Dwayne and Steve, so the Kellys decide to adopt them too.
Ken (Ken Berry) and Kathy Kelly (Brooke Bundy), friends of Carol and Mike, plan to adopt a boy named Matt (Todd Lookinland (Mike Lookinland's brother)) from a local orphanage. By chance they also adopt Matt's two best friends: Dwayne (William Attmore II), an African-American and Steve (Carey Wong), who is Asian-American, much to the chagrin of the Kelly family's bigoted neighbor Mrs. Payne (Molly Dodd).
- Notes: This is the only episode other than the pilot episode, "The Honeymoon", credited to Sherwood Schwartz. It is a backdoor pilot for a planned series that was never produced. Sherwood Schwartz used the concept for Together We Stand in 1986, which would later relaunch as Nothing Is Easy in 1987. Due to the episode being produced before "Miss Popularity", Cindy still wears her hair in pigtails (for the last time), yet in previous episode she had already let her hair down.
The Bradys' friends, Ken and Kathy Kelly, announce plans to adopt a little boy named Matt from a local orphanage. They wind up adopting Matt's friends - an Asian and an African American - and upsetting their racist next-door neighbor. When the boys find out about their neighbors' less-than-welcoming attitude, they run away to the Bradys, but Ken and Kathy convince them there is nothing to worry about.
Recurring cast/Guest stars
- Ken Berry as Ken Kelly
- Brooke Bundy as Kathy Kelly
- Billy "Pop" Atmore as Dwayne
- Todd Lookinland as Matt (Mike Lookinland's younger brother)
- Carey Wong as Steve
- Jackie Joseph as Miss Phillips
- Molly Dodd as Mrs. Payne