While the bizarre and elusive aardvark (Orycteropus afer) may look vaguely similar in appearance to a pig (aardvark literally means ‘earthpig’ in Afrikaans), it is actually the only member of the order Tubulidentata. The aardvark has a stocky, arched body sparsely covered with bristly hair, a short neck, a long and muscular tail and long, pointed ears. The aardvark also has a flexible, tubular snout and a long, extensible tongue, which together are perfectly suited to searching out and consuming a diet of ants and termites. The thick skin of the aardvark ranges in color from pale yellowish-grey to pinkish, although this is often stained darker grey or reddish-brown from the soil in which it burrows. Its short, powerful limbs bear large, sharp, shovel-shaped claws, four on the forefeet, five on each hindfoot, which enables the aardvark to dig with ease. An expert digger, even in hard ground the aardvark can dig faster than several people with shovels. The aardvark swallows its food whole, grinding it up in a muscular area of its lower stomach instead of chewing.
- It played Charlie in African Animals, Inc.
- It played the Lorax in The Aardvark (2012)
- It played Zeo Zord I in Animal Rangers Zeo
- It played Biscuit in African Animal Mayhem
- It played Abigail Lincoln/Numbuh 5 in Codename: Insectivores Next Door and Codename: Nocturnal Animals Next Door
- It played Hamster in We Bare Pachyderms and We Bare Giraffids
- It played Virginia Opossum in Over the Hedge (NatureRules1 Style)
- It played Panda in We Bare Nocturnal Animals and We Bare Nocturnal Animals: The Movie
- It played Ice Bear in We Bare Insectivores and We Bare Insectivores: The Movie
- They played Maria and Rosie in Open Season (NatureRules1 and GavenLovesAnimals Style)
- It played Seal in We Bare Bats