With its distinctive plumage and evocative cry, the African fish eagle (Haliaeetus vocifer) is probably the most familiar bird of prey in Africa. Perched majestically on a high branch, the contrast between the white upper-body and tail, the chestnut belly and the black wings is unmistakeable. Much less striking is the almost scruffy appearance of the immature African fish-eagle, with its generally dark-brown plumage and white mottling. Although after the first year the plumage begins to resemble that of the adult, it will take at least four to five years and numerous moults to reach full maturity. The clear, ringing call of the African fish-eagle, weee-ah hyo-hyo-hyo, made with the head thrown back, has to be the most characteristic and evocative sound of African watersides.
- It played Rivera in African Animals, Inc.
- It played Carpet in Aladdin (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Panda in We Bare Eagles and We Bare Eagles: The Movie
- It played Quetzalcoatlus in Walking With African Animals
- It played Sitka (Eagle) in Brother Lion (NatureRules1 and GavenLovesAnimals Style)
- It played Professor Utonium in The Powerpuff Eagles, The Powerpuff Eagles Movie, and The Powerpuff Eagles (2016)
- It played the Mayor of Townsville in The Powerpuff Raptors, The Powerpuff Raptors Movie, and The Powerpuff Raptors (2016)
- It played Donatello in Teenage Mutant Ninja Eagles
- It played Lyla (Mermaid) in Mako Raptors, Mako Eagles, and Skies: Just Add Raptors