"Alphabet Soup!" is the 13th episode of Season 1 of Alvin & Friends.
When Alvin arrives to play with his friends, Bobby plays "alphabet fun" by spelling a "mystery word" one letter at a time. The group plays games and sings songs related to each letter of the mystery word. Rhyming words, making alphabet soup, walking through the alphabet, and seeing how many letters they can make with their bodies all give the children many chances to play with letters and words. Children learn that having fun with letters and words and learning the alphabet are the first steps to reading.
Educational Theme: The Alphabet and the First Steps to Reading
- Alvin Theme Song
- The Other Day I Met a Bear
- The Ants Go Marching
- I've Been Working on the Railroad
- The N Game
- Do Your Ears Hang Low?
- Alphabet Soup
- Yankee Doodle
- Alphabet Song
- I Love You
- Alvin Seville (Alvin & The Chipmunks) as Barney
- Simon Seville, Theodore Seville, Brittany Miller, Jeanette Miller and Eleanor Miller as Extras (Barney)
- Angelica Pickles (from Rugrats and All Grown Up) as Baby Bop (cameo)
- Bobby Brady as Derek
- Cindy Brady as Tina
- Candace Cameron as Min
- Jodie Sweetin as Kathy
- This group (Candace, Jodie, Bobby, and Cindy) also appeared in Grandparents Are Grand! (1993).
- In The Treasure of Captain Feathersword, Stephanie says she knew what rhyme means. Yet, in this episode, she doesn't know what it means..
- After this episode, Angelica would not appear until "Hi, Neighbor!".
- Matthew S. Cartlon had an idea for this episode as the credits give him special thanks.