In the second season, she became Rena Rouge.
In "Mayura", during the fight with Scarlet Moth, Rena Rouge is akumatized into Rena Rage, a fox-themed supervillain.
In "Oblivio", She, alongside Nino, is akumatized into Oblivio, a memory-erasing supervillain.
In "Félix", after being fooled by Félix to think that Adrien didn't appreciate his friends, she is re-akumatized into Lady Wifi, and, along with Reflekta and Princess Fragrance, the three supervillains form The Punishers Trio, a group of supervillains who want to get revenge on Adrien, later Félix.
In "Gang of Secrets", after Marinette keeps hiding secrets from them, Alya is re-akumatized by Shadow Moth into Lady Wifi along with Reflekta, Princess Fragrance, Timebreaker and Horrificator, the five supervillains all form the Gang of Secrets, a group of supervillains who want to reveal Marinette's secrets. However, Alya was able to resist Shadow Moth while akumatized, which allowed her to transform back to normal. Ladybug returns the Fox Miraculous to become Rena Rouge. At the end of the episode, Marinette tells Alya that she is Ladybug.
As of "Optigami", she is now a permanent holder of the Fox Miraculous. She also becomes Marinette's successor presumptive for the ownship of the Miracle Box.
- Alya is the most recurring supporting character of the series, appearing in nearly every episode, alongside Marinette, Adrien Agreste, Hawk Moth, Tikki, and Plagg.
- Likewise, Lady Wifi made the most appearances of any akumatized villain in the first season.
- Lady Wifi appears another time in "Gamer 2.0" for Gamer's powers.
- A statue of Lady Wifi appears in the Musée Grévin in "The Puppeteer 2".
- Alya is the first person to become an akumatized villain and a Miraculous holder, excluding Gabriel Agreste, who akumatized himself.
- Rena Rouge means "Red Fox" in French, as Rena is short for renarde, which is French for "fox," and rouge is the French word for "red."
- Alternatively, rena could also be referring to the word for "fox" in Haitian-Creole.
- In the Italian dub, she is called Volpe Rossa which also means "Red Fox".
- In the dub for Portugal, she is called "Fox Rouge" which, like Cat Noir, is a combination between the English "fox" and French "rouge" for "red".
- As revealed in "Syren", she still gets called on by Ladybug to be Rena Rouge from time to time, but she always gives back the Fox Miraculous when she is done.
- Similar to Cat Noir, Rena Rouge's ears and tail are fake, but it is unknown if they respond to her mood and emotions, or if they can enhance senses.
- Lady Wifi is the first villain that manages to remove a Miraculous from one of the heroes without making it disappear, as Cat Noir drops his ring when she throws him into a freezer. However, she is unaware of the success as she focuses on Ladybug at the time.
- Since Alya was Rena Rouge, she wasn't akumatized into Lady Wifi again in the Heroes' Day special.
- She is the first in the show to find out the identity of another Miraculous holder, as well as the second to reveal her secret identity as Rena Rouge. Chloé Bourgeois previously revealed her secret identity as Queen Bee in the episode "Queen Wasp". Ladybug and Cat Noir also found out each other's identities in "Oblivio", but their memories of this were erased by Ladybug's Miraculous Ladybug.
- In the Serbian dub, her name is changed to Ajla Sezar.
- As mentioned in "Startrain", besides the Ladyblog; Alya has also worked on other blogs.
- As Rena Rouge, her body is slimmer than her civilian form, and her hair is longer and goes up in a ponytail.
- Like Kagami with the Dragon Miraculous, Alya is the only holder to solely use the Fox Miraculous.