The Arctic fox (Vulpes lagopus), also known as the white fox, polar fox, or snow fox, is superbly adapted for life at sub-zero temperatures. While this species is best known for its pristine, white winter coat, during the summer, the coat becomes brown on the upperparts, with light grey or white underpart, and is half as thick. In addition, to the ‘white’ form of Arctic fox, a ‘blue’ form also occurs, which in some areas is light brown with a bluish sheen in the winter or dark brown to black in other areas, but becoming chocolate brown in the summer. The dense, woolly coat of this species has the best insulative properties of all mammals, and helps this species survive at temperatures of -50 degrees Celsius in the wild, and up to -80 degrees Celsius during captive tests. Some other adaptations for life in the Arctic include small, heavily furred ears and a short nose to reduce heat loss, as well as fur on the soles of the feet, giving the name in latin “hare foot”, and increased blood flow to the feet pads to prevent freezing.
- It played Gloria in Arizona (Madagascar) (NatureRules1 Style), Arizona: Escape 2 Alaska, and Arizona 3: Japan's Most Wanted
- It played Jack Frost in Rise of the Animal Guardians
- It played Calculator in Battle For Luxurious Hotel (Samwei1234 Version)
- It played Bat-Eared Fox in The Cave Lion King Series
- It played Ice Bear in We Bare Foxes (Samwei1234 Version) and We Bare Foxes: The Movie (Samwei1234 Version)
- It played Nom Nom in We Bare Arctic Animals and We Bare Arctic Animals: The Movie
- It played Panda in We Bare Polar Animals and We Bare Polar Animals: The Movie
- They played Wolves in We Bare Seals
- It played Bubbles in The Powerpuff Foxes, The Powerpuff Foxes Movie, The Powerpuff Foxes (2016), The Powerpuff Arctic Animals, The Powerpuff Arctic Animals Movie, and The Powerpuff Arctic Animals (2016)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.