Nearly all wild lions live in sub-Saharan Africa, but one small population of the Asiatic lion (Panthera leo persica), also called the Indian lion, Asian lion, Persian lion, Arabian lion, or Middle Eastern lion exists in India's Gir Forest. Asian lions and African lions are subspecies of the same species. Asiatic lions once prowled from the Middle East to India. Now, only 200 to 260 of these magnificent animals survive in the wild. The Gir Forest's dry teak woods were once a royal hunting ground. Today, they are a reserve where the endangered Asian lions are heavily protected. An additional 200 Asiatic lions live in zoos.
- It played African Lion in The Asiatic Lion King series
- It/They played the CDA in Asian Animals, Inc.
- It played Fire Axe in Asian Animal Illusion
- It played Panda in We Bare Lions and We Bare Lions: The Movie
- They played Zuba and Florrie in Serengeti: Escape 2 Mali
- It played HIM in The Powerpuff Tigers and The Powerpuff Tigers (2016)
- It played Manboy in The Powerpuff Elapids (2016)
- It played Donatello in Teenage Mutant Ninja Lions