The black mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis) is Africa’s largest venomous snake and also one of its most feared. This species is also one of the fastest snakes in the world and can slither at speeds of up to about 20 kilometres per hour. The black mamba is an olive-brown to grey colour, with a blue-black colouration on the inside of its mouth which gives this species its common name. The underside of the body is usually light grey. Like other members of the Elapidae family, the black mamba has short, fixed fangs at the front of its mouth. Although it can potentially reach up to 4.3 metres in length, the black mamba more commonly reaches around 2.5 metres. Its body is long and slender, with smooth scales, and it has a narrow, coffin-shaped head. Although widely feared for its lethal venom, the black mamba generally prefers to avoid contact with humans.
- It played Tune in African Animal Mayhem.
- It played Abigail Lincoln/Numbuh 5 in Codename: Venomous Snakes Next Door.
- It played Charlie in We Bare Venomous Snakes and We Bare Venomous Snakes: The Movie
- It played Panda in We Bare Elapids and We Bare Elapids: The Movie
- It played Buttercup in The Powerpuff Elapids, The Powerpuff Elapids Movie, and The Powerpuff Elapids (2016)