The Brazilian tapir (Tapirus terrestris), also called the South American tapir, lowland tapir, or anta, is the largest surviving native terrestrial mammal of tapir in the Amazon. One of the most distinguishing features of Brazilian tapirs is their long, flexible proboscis, formed from the upper lip and nose, which is used to strip leaves and pluck fruits. This bristly-coated tapir varies in colour from dark brown to greyish-brown, generally with a dark underside and legs, and lighter cheeks, throat and ear tips. Newborn tapirs have a dark brown coat with white spots and stripes, which provide good camouflage. A prominent, erect mane sits on top of the crest and extends from the forehead to the shoulders. The crest running from the top of the head down the back of the neck is much more pronounced than in other tapir species, giving it a stockier appearance.
- It played Woog in We're Back! An Amazon Animal's Story
- It played Moeritherium lyonsi in North American Age series
- It played Pachyrhinosaurus in AMAZON ANIMAL
- It played Baseball in South American Animal Insanity
- It played Seal in We Bare Tree Frogs
- It played The Mayor of Townsville in The Powerpuff Hummingbirds, The Powerpuff Hummingbirds Movie, and The Powerpuff Hummingbirds (2016)