Dholes, also called Asian red dogs or Asiatic wild dog (Cuon alpinus), are pack-living canids, although they are unique amongst this family in having a thickset muzzle and one less molar tooth on each side of the lower jaw. The bushy coat is usually a rusty red colour with white on the belly, chest and paws. Different subspecies exist and those in the northern parts of the dhole's range have lighter and longer hair than their southern relatives. The bushy tail is black and the pups are also born a sooty black colour before acquiring their adult coat at around three months of age. The large rounded ears are filled with white hair and the eyes are amber. Males tend to be significantly larger in size than females. Dholes have a wide range of vocalisations including an extremely distinctive whistle that is used to reassemble pack members in the thick forest of their habitat.
- It played One of the Card Painters (along with Common Chimpanzee and Canada Goose) in Adeleine in Wonderland
- They played Orddu, Orewn and Orgoch in The Black Cauldron (NatureRules1 Version)
- They played Dr. Facilier's "Friends" in The Doe and the Puffball
- They played Fidget in The Great Elephant Detective
- It played Randall Boggs in Asian Animals, Inc.
- It Played African Wild Dog in The Tiger King 2: Simba's Pride
- It played Northwestern Wolf in Brother Leopard
- It played Great Plains Wolf in Alpha and Omega (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Gigantic Genie (AKA Red Fox ) in Aladdin (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Velociraptor in ASIAN ANIMAL
- It played Chirostenotes in Walking with Indian Animals
- It played Nom Nom in We Bare Indian Animals
- It played Dory, Charlie and Jenny in Finding Nemo (NatureRules1 Version), Finding Dory (NatureRules1 Remake), Finding Nemo (NatureRules1/GavenLovesAnimals Style) and Finding Dory (NatureRules1/GavenLovesAnimals Style)