Eevee (Japanese: イーブイ Eievui) is a Normal-type Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into one of eight different Pokémon through various methods:
- Vaporeon when exposed to a Water Stone.
- Jolteon when exposed to a Thunder Stone.
- Flareon when exposed to a Fire Stone.
- Espeon when leveled up with high friendship during the daytime, including morning (Generation II onward, excludes areas with a Moss Rock or Ice Rock), or when leveled up with high friendship with a Sun Shard in the Bag (Pokémon XD).
- Umbreon when leveled up with high friendship during the nighttime (Generation II onward, excludes areas with a Moss Rock or Ice Rock), or when leveled up with high friendship with a Moon Shard in the Bag (Pokémon XD).
- Leafeon when leveled up near a Moss Rock (Generation IV onward).
- Glaceon when leveled up near an Ice Rock (Generation IV onward).
- Sylveon when leveled up with a Fairy-type move and 2 Affection hearts in Pokémon-Amie or Pokémon Refresh (Generation VI onward, excludes areas with a Moss Rock or Ice Rock).
Eevee is the starter Pokémon for the main characters of Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokémon Conquest. It is also the rival's starter Pokémon in Pokémon Yellow, although Professor Oak originally intended to give it to the player.
User Gary Oak:
- Fievel Mousekewitz
- Prince Eric
- Nelson Muntz
- Draco Malfoy
- Scooby Doo
- John Rolfe
- Bart Simpson
- Gary Oak
- Olivia Flaversham
- Gadget Hackwrench
- Princess Eilonwy
- Mabel Pines
- Dee Dee
- Becky Thatcher
- Rei Hino
- Kim Possible
- Mrs. Brisby
- Zoe Drake
- Princess Jasmine
- Kimi Finster
- Eevee's name is a Template:Wp.
- Eevee was designed by Motofumi Fujiwara.Cite error: Invalid
refs with no name must have content
- Eevee bears many distinguishing characteristics because of its evolved forms:
- Eevee is the only Pokémon to not share any types with any of its evolutions.
- Eevee has the most evolutions of any Pokémon and is the only Pokémon which has more than three evolutions.
- The fan-made term to describe the evolutions of Eevee, Eeveelutions, was made official after its use in the strategy guide for Pokémon Stadium 2, followed by Template:TCG.
- In early English promotional material for Pokémon Red and Blue, Eevee was called "Eon", the suffix of all the evolutions of Eevee.
- In Generation I, Eevee is the only Pokémon to have a branched evolution.
- It is impossible for Eevee to evolve into Espeon and Umbreon in Template:Game because the games lack a Template:DL. It is also impossible for it to evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon in Template:Game since neither Johto nor Kanto has a Moss Rock or an Ice Rock.
- Despite Eevee being obtainable before the Pokémon League in Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, it cannot evolve into Leafeon or Glaceon until after the Elite Four are defeated. This is because Twist Mountain and Pinwheel Forest are inaccessible before then.
- Eevee is the only pre-existing Pokémon to receive an evolution in Generation VI, though many received Mega Evolutions.
- Four of Eevee's evolutions evolve through abnormal means in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series (Template:P, Template:P, Template:P, and Template:P).
- In the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, Eevee evolves using the Template:DL, or Template:DL with at least 1 star of IQ, a Template:DL, or a Template:DL into its respective evolutions.
- In Template:Ga, all of Eevee's evolutions up to the third generation can be captured; however, Eevee cannot even be found at all. This was changed in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia.
- Despite the fact that Template:An, Template:Gary and Sakura each owned an Eevee that went on to evolve, Eevee was never seen evolving on screen in the anime until Last Call — First Round! when Ursula evolved her two Eevee into Template:P and Template:P during a Contest appeal, over thirteen years into the series.
- His appearances in the Stephen Squirrelsky and Friends' Movie Spoof Travels are Cub and Company, Happily Ever After (Stephen Druschke's Style), Hoodwinked! (Dalmatian Tunes' Style), Beauty and the Grizzly Bear, The Rescuers (TrainBoy43's Style), Nikki's Adventures of Sing Along Songs Episode 4, The Rescuers Down Under (TrainBoy43's Style), The Secret of NIMH (Nikkdisneylover8390's Human Style), Nikki's Adventures of Sing Along Songs Episode 6, The Little Mer-Lioness II: Return to the Sea, Skunkules, Home on the Range (DalMatian Tunes' Style), Kermit's Winter Wonderland, The Little Jungle Boy, Kermiladdin 2: The Return of McLeach, AiAi the Monkey and A Day for George, The Reindeer and the Deer, Animal Story 2 (Stephen Druschke's Style), AiAi's Grand Adventure: The Search for Tails, A Cartoon Character's Life, Nikki's Adventures of Sing Along Songs Episode 7, Here Comes Winnie the Pooh, Animals, Inc. (Dragon Rockz's Style), Simba 2, Miss Bianca and the Bernard 2: Fievel's Adventure, FernGully: The Last Rainforest (Dragon Rockz's Style), A Pooh in Central Park, Bubblesrella 2: Dreams Come True, The Brave Little Piglet, Kung Fu Owen, Nikki's Adventures of Sing Along Songs Episode 8, The Thomas O'Malley Movie, Kermit Returns, Fievel the Red Nosed Mouse and The Island of Misfits, Nikki's Adventures of Sing Along Songs Episode 9, A Cartoon Character's Life Activity Center, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Justin Quintanilla's Style), Finding Alvin (J.B. Eagle's Style), Animated Tale (TheTure DisneyKing's Style), The Forest Book 2 (TrainBoy43's Style), Nikki's Adventures of Sing Along Songs Episode 10, Madagascar (FamousImagination50's Style), Sleeping Beauty (Justin Quintanilla's Style), Aurorastasia, Despicable Me (Justin Quintanilla's Style), We're Back!: A Jungle Animal's Story, Jimmynocchio, and The Wizard of Oz (Uranimated18's Style) and will even be in more movie spoof travels.
Eevee shares traits with Template:Wpes, more specifically the Template:Wp, Template:Wps and Template:Wps.
Eevee and Eievui are the pronunciations of E-V, the first two letters in the word evolution.