True to its name, the giant Pacific octopus (Enteroctopus dofleini) is the largest of all octopus species, and, along with other cephalopods (a group of molluscs that contain the octopuses, squid and cuttlefish), it is considered one of the most intelligent of all invertebrates. The body, or ‘mantle’, is generally reddish-brown, and it is usually darker in the male than in the female. During mating, white spots also become visible on the male’s mantle. When disturbed or threatened, special pigment cells in the skin, called chromatophores, may become activated, and cause the mantle to change colour to white or red.
- It played Ankylosaurus in Fantasia (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Guard in Octopus form in The Mallard's New Groove
- It played Rita Repulsa in Beastly Morphin Power Rangers
- It played Eighty in Numberanimals
- It played Hank in Finding Dory (Live-Action)