The giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) is universally admired for its appealing markings and seemingly gentle demeanour. A member of the bear family, the giant panda is a robust animal with heavy shoulders and a distinctive black and white coat. Most of the body and belly of the giant panda are white, contrasting sharply with the black ears, black limbs and shoulders, and black patches over the eyes. The male giant panda is slightly larger and heavier than the female. The giant panda has a relatively large head and large, muscular jaws, while its molars and premolar teeth are wider and flatter than those of other bears, allowing it to grind bamboo. This species is also unusual in having a ‘thumb’, which is actually a modified wrist bone that enables the giant panda to dextrously grasp bamboo stalks.
Giant Panda Subspecies
- It played Joe in Fantasia/2000 (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Harley P. Gerson in Asian Animals, Inc.
- It played Madge in Thomas and Friends (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Kuki Sanban/Numbuh 3 in Codename: Indian Species Next Door
- It played Orange in Asian Animal Illusion
- It played Nom Nom in We Bare Endangered Species and We Bare Endangered Species: The Movie
- It played Ice Bear in We Bare Asian Animals and We Bare Asian Animals: The Movie
- It played Panda (same species) in We Bare Bears (NatureRules1 Style) and We Bare Bears: The Movie (NatureRules1 Style)
Is a Crocodile a Reptile
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.