Gigantopithecus is an extinct genus of ape that existed from perhaps nine million years to as recently as one hundred thousand years ago, in what is now China, placing Gigantopithecus in the same time frame and geographical location as several hominin species. The fossil record suggests that individuals of the species Gigantopithecus blacki were the largest known apes that ever lived, standing up to 3 m (10 ft), and weighing up to 540 kg (1,190 lb).
- They played Johnny and Marcus in Prehistoric Sing
- It played Gigantoraptor in Pleistocene Park Series
- It played Bornean Orangutan in NatureRules1's Prehistory Show
- It played Ace in The Powerpuff Pleistocene Animals and The Powerpuff Pleistocene Animals Movie
- It played Crowned Lemur in Madagascar Series (NatureRules1 and Samwei1234 Version)