The golden pheasant (Chrysolophus pictus) or Chinese pheasant is native to forests in mountainous areas of western China. However, feral populations of these gamebirds have established themselves in Florida, USA, United Kingdom and elsewhere. In captivity, the wild form of the Golden is often referred to as the red golden pheasant. The males of these species are one of the most brilliantly colored of all birds. Golden pheasants are commonly found in zoos and private collections, although frequently they have been crossed with the similar Lady Amherst's pheasants. Many of the color mutations of this breed in existence today are believed to originate from crosses between Amherst and Goldens. It is very difficult to find birds that are completely pure representatives of this species. The average lifespan of golden pheasants is 5 - 6 years; however, captive birds that are well taken care of could live 15 or even 20 years.
- It played Kuki Sanban/Numbuh 3 in Codename: Gamebirds Next Door
- It played Panda in We Bare Gamebirds and We Bare Gamebirds: The Movie
- It played Buttercup in The Powerpuff Gamebirds, The Powerpuff Gamebirds Movie, and The Powerpuff Gamebirds (2016)
- It played Michelangelo in Teenage Mutant Ninja Gamebirds
- It played Leatherhead in Teenage Mutant Chinese Animals
- It played Rikki (Mermaid) in Mako Gamebirds