The mighty great white shark (Carcharodon carcharias) is often mistakenly thought of as the most voracious predator of the seas, and even has a reputation as a ferocious man-eater, something that sadly has been hugely exaggerated by the media. Their powerful body is supported by a cartilaginous skeleton (as opposed to the bone skeleton of most other vertebrates), is streamlined for efficient movement through the water, and has a pointed snout, two large, sickle-shaped pectoral fins and a large triangular first dorsal fin. The mouth is armed with an array of sharply pointed, serrated teeth; indeed the generic name is derived from the Greek word carcharos for ragged and odon for tooth. These sharks are grey or bronze on the upper surface of the body and are white underneath. They have an acute sense of smell and are able to sense electric fields through sensors in the snout.
- It played MetalBeard in The Animal Movie (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Tyrannosaurus in Fantasia (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played One of the Vultures in King of Sea Creatures and Walrus and the King
- It played Magic Mirror in Elephant White and the Seven Jungle Cats (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Dragonzord in Beastly Morphin Power Rangers
- It played Wallabee Beatles/Numbuh 4 in Codename: Water Creatures Next Door
- It played Bruce in Finding Nemo Remake
Is a Crocodile a Reptile?
Sea Monsters: Prehistoric Predators of the Deep
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.