The green tree python (Morelia viridis), or as it is known in the herpetoculture hobby as chondro, due to its former classification in the genus Chondropython, is a species of python found in New Guinea, islands in Indonesia, and Cape York Peninsula in Australia. The green tree python is characterized by a relatively slim body. The relatively long tail accounts for about 14% of the total length. The head is large and clearly defined from the neck. The snout is large and angular. The body is triangular in cross section with a visible spine. The species usually reaches a total length of 150–180 cm (4.9–5.9 ft), but large females may reach 200 cm (6.6 ft). The size also varies depending on the region of origin. The weight is highly dependent upon the nutritional status of the animal. Males can weigh about 1,100–1,400 g (2.4–3.1 lb), females up to 1,600 g (3.5 lb), although wild specimens are typically much lighter than this. Especially large specimens that can weigh up to 2,200 g (4.9 lb) are invariably females, which like most snakes are slightly larger and heavier than males
- It played Wallabee Beatles/Numbuh 4 in Codename: Reptiles Next Door and Codename: Snakes Next Door
- It played Slips Python (same species) in My Gym Partner's A Monkey (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Diamond in Animal Lockdown
- It played Two in Numberanimals
- It played Panda in We Bare Pythons and We Bare Pythons: The Movie
- It played Larry in The Wild (NatureRules1 and GavenLovesAnimals' Style)
- It played Buttercup in The Powerpuff Snakes, The Powerpuff Snakes Movie, and The Powerpuff Snakes (2016)
- It played Snake in The Powerpuff Canids and The Powerpuff Canids Movie
- It played Brick in The Powerpuff Outback Animals
- It played Michelangelo in Teenage Mutant Ninja Pythons
- It played Nixie (Mermaid) in Mako Australian Reptiles
- It played Sparx in Super Robot Reptile Team Hyperforce Go!
- It played Otto in Super Robot Snake Team Hyperforce Go!
- It played Lana Loud in The Reptile House
- It played Cynthia (Mermaid) in MerSnakes (2003)