The grey crowned crane (Balearica regulorum), also known as the African crowned crane, golden crested crane, golden-crowned crane, East African crane, East African crowned crane, Eastern crowned crane, South African crane, is a bird in the crane family, Gruidae. It is found in eastern and southern Africa, and is the national bird of Uganda. The grey crowned crane is closely related to the black crowned crane, and the two species have sometimes been treated as the same species. The two are separable on the basis of genetic evidence, calls, plumage and bare parts, and all authorities treat them as different species today. It occurs in dry savannah in Sub-Saharan Africa, although it nests in somewhat wetter habitats. They can also be found in marshes, cultivated lands and grassy flatlands near rivers and lakes in Uganda and Kenya and as far south as South Africa. This animal does not have set migration patterns, and birds nearer the tropics are typically sedentary. Birds in more arid areas, particularly Namibia, make localized seasonal movements during drier periods.
- It played Clarabel in Thomas and Friends (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Heart in African Animal Mayhem
- It played Emma (Mermaid) in Mako African Birds and Africa: Just Add Birds
- It played Nixie (Mermaid) in Mako Gruiformes
- It played Antauri in Super Robot Gruiforme Team Hyperforce Go!
- They played Lincoln Loud, Ronnie Anne Santiago, Lynn Loud Sr., and Rita Loud in The Gruiforme House
- It played Walt in The Kenyan Animal House
- It played Nova in Super African Bird Team Hyperforce Go!
- It played Leonardo in Teenage Mutant Ninja Gruiformes