Henry the Octopus is a fun-loving octopus who lives under the sea and likes to make music with his Underwater Big Band. He also likes to dance and spin around. He is the main protagonist and star of his own segment in the first series, and a major supporting character in the rest of the TV seasons and all of The Wiggles videos (except The Wiggles Go Bananas!, where he did not appear). His role has been more minor in modern seasons.
Henry likes to sing and to dance with his eight legs. He is said to have a bubbly personality and loves a good joke.
Even though at many times he is voiced by Paul Paddick after 2006, he is still occasionally voiced by Jeff.
He was introduced in 1992, appearing on the song Henry the Octopus from Here Comes a Song.
- Anthony Field (1992-1993)
- Jeff Fatt (1994-2005- full time) (2006-present- part-time)
- Paul Paddick (2006-present)
- Lachlan Gillespie (2013-present)
- Dominic Field (concerts where Paddick is not present)
- Jacqueline Fallon (1993)
- Vanessa Fallon-Rohanna (1994-1995)
- Darren Phillips (1994)
- Leeanne Ashley (1996)
- Leanne Halloran (1996-1998)
- Charmaine Martin (1997, 1999)
- Donna Halloran (1998)
- Elisha Burke (1998)
- Reem Hanwell (1998-2002)
- Kristy Talbot (2002-2003)
- Katherine Patrick (2003-2004, 2006)
- Lucy Stuart (2005)
- Mario Martinez-Diaz (2007, 2010)
- Rebecca Knox (2008-2009)
- Clare Field (2010-2011, 2014)
- Megan Bolton (2011)
- Lauren Hannaford (2012-2014)
- Caterina Mete (2012-2014)
- Blathnaid Conroy-Murphy (2013)
- Jeff Fatt (2013)
- Anthony Field (2013, 2016)
- Kelly Hamilton (2013)
- Dominic Field (2016)
- Eden Schmitzer (2017)
Henry the Octopus Through the Years
- Henry was created by Jeff.
- Paul Field played Henry in 1992, then Anthony played him. After that Jeff took over the role, before other actors began wearing the suit in concerts and videos. Jeff would remain his voice actor until Paul Paddick began to occasionally voice him in the mid-late 2000s, who mostly took over the role after that. Lachlan Gillespie is now the main voice of Henry, with Jeff returning to voice him on rare occasions in recent years.
- Henry doesn't talk as much as other Wiggly Friends.
- Henry is not seen in The Wiggles Go Bananas! but he can be seen in Wiggle & Learn (TV Series 6).
- Henry is named after Tony Henry who was with Jeff Fatt & Anthony Field in The Cockroaches, as told in Everybody Clap! Everybody Sing! Documentary. The choice of an octopus was so he could use his eight legs to drum, although he has rarely played the drums since his first appearance. He is also named after a Thomas & Friends character Henry the Green Engine.
- Two of Henry's most played instruments include a Tambourine, and mostly the Red Starry Keyboard.
- His appearances in the Stephen Squirrelsky and Friends' Movie Spoof Travels are The Forest Book 2 (TrainBoy43's Style), Nikki's Adventures of Sing Along Songs Episode 10, Madagascar (FamousImagination50's Style), Sleeping Beauty (Justin Quintanilla's Style), Aurorastasia, Despicable Me (Justin Quintanilla's Style), We're Back!: A Jungle Animal's Story, Jimmynocchio, and The Wizard of Oz (Uranimated18's Style) and will even be in more movie spoof travels.