The Indian grey mongoose (Herpestes edwardsii) is a small, slender carnivore, with a long, bushy, tapering tail, short legs, and sharp, non-retractable claws. The snout is long and pointed, and the short, rounded ears barely protrude above the profile of the head. The coat is coarse and fairly long, and greyish to light brown in colour, with the individual hairs banded black and white, giving an overall grizzled appearance. The muzzle, cheeks, edges of the ears and feet have a rusty brown tinge. The male is slightly larger than the female . A number of subspecies of Indian grey mongoose are recognised, although a revision of these are needed. This species can be distinguished from the small Indian mongoose (Herpestes auropunctatus) by its larger size and longer, coarser fur, which has a reddish rather than yellowish tinge.
- It played Ray in The Doe and the Puffball
- It played Charlie in Asian Animals, Inc.
- It played North American Brown Lemming in Norm of the North (Samwei1234 Version)
- It played Buck in North American Age 3: Dawn of the North American Animals and North American Age 5: Collusion Course
- It played Hamster in We Bare Elapids