The mandrill (Mandrillus sphinx) is not only the largest monkey in the world, but it is also one of the most distinctive. It has an extremely striking face, with a red stripe down the nose and blue flanges framing it. The male has a much more colourful face than females and juveniles, with more prominent hair growth around the nostrils and huge canine teeth, measuring up to 6.5 cm long, which he exposes to threaten any rivals or predators. This amazing monkey has red fur patches above the eyes and a yellow mane-like beard, while the rest of its body is covered with thick olive green fur. Its underparts are grey, tinged with yellow, and its body is stocky, with a short tail and a brilliantly blue to purple coloured rump. Males are much larger than females, and more boldly coloured. With this spectacular appearance, the male mandrill declares its identity to other animals, as well as announcing his sex and virility to females.
- It played Scooter in WildlifeTales
- It played Mung Daal in Chowder (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Porter in Thomas and Friends (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Gorilla Galactabeast in Animal Rangers Lost Galaxy
- It played Mustache in Animal Lockdown
- It played Charlie in We Bare Gorillas and We Bare Gorillas: The Movie
- It played Hamster in We Bare Congo Animals