Standing at almost a meter tall, the maned wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus) is the largest Canid in South America and the only member of its genus, Chrysocyon. With a golden-red coat, long pointed muzzle and large erect ears, it is similar in appearance to the red fox (Vulpes vulpes). However, its extremely long, thin legs make the maned wolf immediately recognisable and, with its fox-like attributes, have earned it the epithet ‘a fox on stilts’. This distinctive feature is thought to be an adaptation to help the animal see above the tall grass of its habitat. The common name, ‘maned wolf’, is derived from the characteristic mane-like strip of black fur running from the back of the head to the shoulders, which stands erect when danger is sensed. The muzzle and lower legs are black, while the throat, inside of the ears and tip of the tail are white.
- It played Bartender in The Great Elephant Detective
- It played Eoraptor in Animal Train
- It played Thaddeus "Phlegm" Bile in American Animals, Inc.
- It played Velociraptor in AMAZON ANIMAL
- They played Foosas in South America Series (Samwei1234 Version)
- It played Arcanine in Pokémon (Samwei1234 Version)
- They played Wolf Arrowmen in Robin Hood (Samwei1234 Version)
- It played in The Mayor of Townsville in The Powerpuff Wolves, The Powerpuff Wolves Movie, and The Powerpuff Wolves (2016)
- It played Professor Utonium in The Powerpuff Amazon Animals, The Powerpuff Amazon Animals Movie, and The Powerpuff Amazon Animals (2016)