The Masai giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis tippelskirchi), also spelled Maasai giraffe, also called Kilimanjaro giraffe, is the largest species of giraffe and the tallest land mammal. It is found in Kenya, Tanzania, and Zambia. Once considered a subspecies of the conglomerate Giraffa camelopardalis species, in 2007 and 2016 studies identified the Masai giraffe as a separate species of a reorganised Giraffa genus. The Rhodesian giraffe (formerly G. c. thornicrofti) was once considered a separate subspecies, but after genetic analysis it has been subsumed as an ecotype into the Masai giraffe species. Overall, the approximate number of all populations accumulate to 32,550 in the wild, with 550 being of the Rhodesian phenotype. The Masai giraffe is distinguished by jagged spots on its body, geographic range including southern Kenya, all of Tanzania, and the Luangwa Valley in Zambia, and genetic evidence. It is the largest-bodied giraffe species.
- It played Apatosaurus in Jurassic Park Series (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Mangokuma in Animal Lockdown
- It played Macrauchenia in Serengeti Age Series
- It played Panda in We Bare Serengeti Animals and We Bare Serengeti Animals: The Movie
- It played Ice Bear in We Bare Giraffids and We Bare Giraffids: The Movie
- It played Charlie in We Bare Serengeti Animals (NatureRules1/GavenLovesAnimals Style)
- It played Brachiosaurus in Walking With African Animals (1999 TV Series)
- It played Sarah Bellum in The Powerpuff Antelope and The Powerpuff Antelope Movie
Is a Crocodile a Reptile?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.