A massive, stocky bovid, superficially resembling the American bison in appearance, the muskox (Ovibos moschatus) has a large body, short, stout legs, a short tail, and a short neck, with a slight hump at the shoulders. The coat is dark brown to black, paler on the legs, face and back, and consists of a dense, soft inner coat, protected by dark, coarse, outer guard hairs, which can measure over 60 centimetres in length, and may reach nearly to the ground. Both the male and female muskox bear broad horns, which curve down and outward, and meet in the middle of the skull to form a large ‘boss’. The male is larger than the female, capable of reaching an impressive 650 kilograms in captivity, and has more massive horns. The muskox may vary in size between northern and southern locations, and a number ofsubspecies have been proposed. The common name of this species is said to come from a characteristic musky odour produced by the male during the mating season (rut), although others refute this.
- It played Black Rhinoceros in The Grizzly King and The Grizzly King II: Simba's Pride
- It played Cape Buffalo in Arizona: Escape 2 Alaska
- It played Black Wildebeest in The Cave Lion King Series
- It played Woog in We're Back! An Arctic Animal's Story and We're Back! A Siberian Animal's Story
- It played Pachyrhinosaurus in ARCTIC ANIMAL and Walking with Arctic Animals
- It played Merlin in Thomas and Friends (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Yeti (Abominable Snowman) in Herbivores, Inc.
- It played Charlie in We Bare Arctic Animals and We Bare Arctic Animals: The Movie
- It played Panda in We Bare Alaskan Animals and We Bare Alaskan Animals: The Movie
- It played Fuzzy Lumpkins in The Powerpuff Arctic Animals and The Powerpuff Arctic Animals Movie
- North American Age series and Brother Lion (NatureRules1 Version) - It is played by African Cape Buffalo
- Brother Leopard and Brother Tiger (NatureRules1 and Samwei1234 Version) - It is played by Wild Water Buffalo