In the second season, he became Carapace.
In "Mayura", during the fight with Scarlet Moth, due to grief caused by watching Rena Rouge falling victim to an akuma, Carapace is in turn akumatized into Shell Shock, a turtle-themed supervillain.
In "Oblivio", due to his and Alya's embarrassment at being caught playing the Super Penguino video game together, they are both akumatized into Oblivio, a memory-erasing supervillain.
In "Rocketear", after coming to the belief that Alya and Cat Noir are secretly a couple behind his back, Nino is akumatized into Rocketear, a supervillain with the power to cry exploding tears.
- A statue of Bubbler appears in the Musée Grévin in "The Puppeteer 2".
- The Bubbler appears another time in "Gamer 2.0" for Gamer's powers.
- When Nino and Alya become Oblivio, their supervillain name is a pun on the word oblivious.
- He shares his English voice actor with two kwamis, Nooroo, Sass and Miraculous holder Pegasus.
- His English voice actor, Ben Diskin, also voices Shoutmon and Cutemon from Digimon Fusion, Sai from Naruto Shippuden, Eugene Horowitz from Hey Arnold! Seasons 2-5, Nigel Uno and Hoagie Gilligan from Codename: Kids Next Door, Humphrey from the Alpha and Omega sequels, Stitch from Stitch! and Ban from Seven Deadly Sins.
- Nino's name is a wordplay on "No life" - or rather, Nolife - a French TV network about pop culture, self-described as "for geeks, nerds and otakus". This refers to his geeky personality.
- Nino is a DJ during his spare time, and he manages the school radio station.
- Nino aspires to be a film director, as hinted in “Horrificator”, as well as “Volpina” when he says “Lila knows all of the Hollywood directors, she promised she'd mention me to Steven Basielberg himself!".
- Carapace means "a protective shell."
- It is also the technical name for a turtle's backshell.
- The orange markings on the side of Carapace's hood are likely based on the red-eared slider.
- Coincidentally, this is the species of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Ironic as much his villain name came from a turtle-themed monster named Shellshock from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.
- He is the second in the show to find out the identity of another Miraculous holder, as well as the third to reveal his secret identity as Carapace. Chloé Bourgeois previously revealed her secret identity as Queen Bee in the episode "Queen Wasp". Ladybug and Cat Noir also found out each others' identities in "Oblivio", but they were amnesiac at the time and lost all of their memories gained while amnesiac when Ladybug's Miraculous Ladybug cured them.
- Nino Lahiffe is the third person become to a Miraculous holder and first Akumatized villain, excluding Gabriel, who akumatized himself.