Bandit-masked raccoons (Procyon lotor) are a familiar sight just about everywhere, because they will eat just about anything. These ubiquitous mammals are found in forests, marshes, prairies, and even in cities. They are adaptable and use their dexterous front paws and long fingers to find and feast on a wide variety of fare. In the natural world, raccoons snare a lot of their meals in the water. These nocturnal foragers use lightning-quick paws to grab crayfish, frogs, and other aquatic creatures. On land, they pluck mice and insects from their hiding places and raid nests for tasty eggs. Raccoons also eat fruit and plants—including those grown in human gardens and farms. They will even open garbage cans to dine on the contents. These ring-tailed animals are equally opportunistic when it comes to choosing a denning site. They may inhabit a tree hole, fallen log, or a house's attic. Females have one to seven cubs in early summer. The young raccoons often spend the first two months or so of their lives high in a tree hole. Later, mother and children move to the ground when the cubs begin to explore on their own. Raccoons in the northern parts of their range gorge themselves in spring and summer to store up body fat. They then spend much of the winter asleep in a den. There are six other species of raccoons, in addition to the familiar northern (North American) raccoon. Most other species live on tropical islands.
- It played Peter Sam in Thomas and Friends (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Jean-Bob in The Artist Mare
- It played Gurgi in The Black Cauldron (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Slinky in Wildlife Story (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Bagheera in The North America Book
- It played Mandrill in The Grizzly King and The Grizzly King II: Simba's Pride
- It played Troodon formasus in North American Age series
- It played Charlie in American Animals, Inc.
- It played Rocky in Battle For North American Island
- It played Adapiform in YELLOWSTONE ANIMAL
- It played Treelo in Bear in the Big Blue House (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Brick in The Powerpuff Badgers
- It played Blossom in The Powerpuff Procyonids, The Powerpuff Procyonids Movie, and The Powerpuff Procyonids (2016)
- It played Professor Utonium in The Powerpuff Skunks, The Powerpuff Skunks Movie, and The Powerpuff Skunks (2016)
- It is played by Grey Langur in Brother Leopard
- It is played by Honey Badger in Brother Lion (NatureRules1 Version)
Is a Crocodile a Reptile?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.