The Pacific walrus (Odobenus rosmarus divergens) is a subspecies of walrus that lives in the Bering and Chukchi seas where they haul out on sea ice and along the mainland coast and islands of Russia and Alaska. They are strong bodied and have a very thick, tough hide that can be an inch thick. The most distinctive feature of walruses, both male and female, is their two ivory tusks, which are long upper canine teeth that grow throughout their life. Walruses also have hundreds of short, strong, highly sensitive whiskers that they use to search the seafloor for their food. Adult males, or bulls, are up 12 feet long and may weigh up to 2 tons; although females are smaller they can weigh more than 1 ton. Bulls are identified by their larger size, broad muzzle, heavier tusks, and many large bumps on their neck and shoulders called “bosses”.
- It played Stegosaurus in Animal King (Dinosaur King)
- It played Black Rhinoceros in Arizona: Escape 2 Alaska
- It played Pumpkin in Animal Lockdown
- It played One Hundred in Numberanimals
- It played Seal in We Bare Alaskan Animals