The South African giraffe or Cape giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis giraffa) is a subspecies of southern giraffe ranging from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Mozambique. It has rounded or blotched spots, some with star-like extensions on a light tan background, running down to the hooves. In 2016, the population was estimated at 31,500 individuals in the wild. The South African giraffe has dark, somewhat rounded patches "with some fine projections" on a tawny background colour. The spots extend down the legs and get smaller. The median lump of males is less developed. The South African giraffe is found in northern South Africa, southern Botswana, southern Zimbabwe, and south-western Mozambique. After local extinctions in various places, the South African giraffes have been reintroduced in many parts of Southern Africa, including in Swaziland. They are common in both in and outside of protected areas. South African giraffes usually live in savannahs and woodlands where food plants are available. Giraffes are herbivorous animals. They feed on leaves, flowers, fruits and shoots of woody plants such as Acacia.
- It played Ice Bear in We Bare Kalahari Animals and We Bare Kalahari Animals: The Movie
- It played Michelangelo in Teenage Mutant Okovango Delta Animals and Teenage Mutant Kalahari Animals
- It played Gracie (Mermaid) in South Africa: Just Add Animals
- It played Lisa Loud in The South African Animal House
- It played Leni Loud in The Okavango Delta Animal House
- It played Terence Lewis in Totally Okavango Delta Animals
- It played Julie in Totally South African Animals