Roaming the central plains of southern Africa is the slender springbok (Antidorcas marsupialis), the National Animal of South Africa. Within the last 100 years springbok numbers have greatly declined, but older Southern Africans still remember a time when springbok herds were so large they took several days to pass their farms. Its striking body colouring distinguishes it from other antelopes; cinnamon-brown upperparts and white underparts, separated by a dark reddish-brown band that runs horizontally from the foreleg to the hindleg. A crest of white hairs runs along the back of the springbok; these are normally hidden beneath two folds of scent-secreting skin, but can be seen when the white hairs are erected in alarm. The head is white with a dark streak through each eye to the corner of the mouth, and the ears are long, narrow and pointed. Both male and female springbok have beautiful heavily-ridged lyre-shaped horns, although those of the female are much more slender.
- They played Loofah, Doofah and the Yellow Bellies in Africa XIII: The Wisdom of Friends
- It played Swizzle "The Sqizz" Malarkey in Wreck-It Ralph (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Ice Bear in We Bare Okovango Delta Animals and We Bare Okovango Delta Animals: The Movie
- It played Stygimoloch in KALAHARI ANIMAL and SOUTH AFRICAN ANIMAL
- It played Jeholosaurus in Planet Animal
- It played Emma (Mermaid) in Mako Antelope
- It played Cleo (Mermaid) in Mako Okovango Delta Animals and Okovango Delta: Just Add Animals