FANDOM


Stone Fish at AQWA SMC2006

The stonefish is one of the most venomous fish in the world and stings can cause death if not treated. Most stonefish stings occur as a result of stepping on the creature which forces venom into the foot, while it is less common for the fish to sting when it is picked up. Stonefish stings can occur on the beach, not just in the water, since stonefish can survive out of the water for up to 24 hours. They are not easily seen as they look similar to rocks or coral. Stonefish antivenom is the second-most administered in Australia.

Gallery

Books

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.