Haunted by its chilling nocturnal screeches, it was the early European settlers that gave the Tasmanian devil (Sarcophilus harrisii) its alarming name. The largest of the carnivorous marsupials, it is robustly built, with a broad head that supports powerful jaws and strong teeth capable of crushing all but the largest bones. The hindquarters slope down in a manner reminiscent of its larger African counterpart, the hyena, while its tail is short and thick. The coarse fur is mostly black, but there are often distinctive white markings across the chest, shoulders and rump.
- It played Abis Mal in The Return of Jafar (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Pain in Hercules (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Evil Window in Australian Animal Universe
- It played Hamster in We Bare Australian Animals
- Dingo (Although, they are the largest carnivores in Australia but, not marsupials.)