(Brock hears the sound of a doll repeatedly saying, "Mama!", and he pushes aside a small boat and drum to find Ash tangled to the doll's pull string, furiously trying to untie himself.)
- Brock/Dawson: Ash! Annie! Annie... she's...
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: She is gone, Brock! Confound it! I told you to watch over the girl!
(He manages to untie the string and falls to the ground, regaining his wind quickly, as well as his bad temper.)
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: Now she's been spirited away by that maniacal little monster. Soon to be in the clutches of the most depraved mind in all of Viridian City! I should have known better than to...
(Ash stops mid-rant and sees Brock simply standing there, his back turned, and his head hung sadly.)
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: Than to...Um, eh Brock? Brock?
(Ash looks concerned at the damage he has done.)
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: I say, Brock, big buddy?
(Brock sniffles and wipes his face with his handkerchief.)
- Brock/Dawson: Oh, ah, poor girl. I should have watched her more closely.
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: (apologetically) Don't worry, old fellow. It's not... entirely hopeless.
(Brock says nothing, but looks towards Ash when the younger man puts his hand on his shoulder.)
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: We'll get her back.
- Brock/Dawson: Do-do you think there's a chance?
(Ash lights his pipe.)
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: There's always a chance, Brock...as long as one can think.
(Ash begins to pace around the room, and Brock sighs, putting his hands in his pockets. A puzzled expression crosses his face as he pulls out the list, reading from it.)
- Brock/Dawson: "Get the following: tools, gears..."
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: What?
- Brock/Dawson: "Girl, unif-"
(Ash sees the list, overjoyed at this key piece of evidence.)
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: Brock, you've done it! This list is precisely what we need.
- Brock/Dawson: What?
(Ash puts on his baseball cap as he rushes to the window.)
- Ash Ketchum/Basil: Quickly, back to Pallet Town!
(The movie spoof cuts back to Giovanni's lair, where Oak is working on the robot. He tenses as Giovanni enters the workroom.)
- Giovanni/Ratigan: Ah, Professor Oak. (he chuckles wickedly)
(Oak eyes Giovanni warily as he holds his cape dramatically.)
- Giovanni/Ratigan: Allow me to present...
(Giovanni moves his cape to reveal Annie in Meowth's grasp, no longer bound and gagged.)
- Giovanni/Ratigan: ...your charming granddaughter!
- Professor Oak/Flaversham: Annie!
- Annie/Olivia: Grandpa!
(Meowth keeps a tight hold on Annie as she rushes towards Oak. Annie stomps on his foot and runs to her grandfather as Meowth hops up and down in pain.)
- Meowth/Fidget: Owww! My paw! One of my hind paws!
(Annie hugs her lost grandfather and cries.)
- Annie/Olivia: Oh, grandpa! (sniffling) I thought I'd never find you! (A tear runs down her cheek.)
- Oak/Flaversham: Oh, there, there, there, there, my bairn. I'm all right. Oh, I was so worried about my little grandchild.
- Giovanni/Ratigan: (feigns crying) Oh, how sweet. (He pretends to wipe at his eyes with his handkerchief.) Oh, I just love tearful reunions.
(The Pokémon thief then grabs the young girl back.)
- Giovanni/Ratigan: Now, come along, my dear.
- Annie/Olivia: (whining) Oh, please! Please!
(She reaches out towards Oak as Meowth takes her away.)
- Oak/Flaversham: (from o.c.) Annie!
- Annie/Olivia: Grandpa!
(Oak is being restrained by Giovanni and tries to plead with the notorious man.)
- Oak/Flaversham: Oh please, my lord!
- Giovanni/Ratigan: Now, now, Meowth will take good care of her. (threateningly) That is, as long as we have no further delays!
(Oak fearfully returns to work on the robot.)
- Oak/Flaversham: Yes, yes, I-I'll finish it. Oh, just don't hurt my granddaughter.
- Giovanni/Ratigan: Remember? It must be ready...tonight!
(He slams the door.)