Africa’s most common large vulture, the white-backed vulture (Gyps africanus) is an accomplished scavenger that feeds on the carcasses of Africa’s large animals. Its plumage is dark brown with black skin on the neck and head, making the white lower-back, for which it is named, even more prominent. The white-backed vulture has black eyes and a strong, slightly hooked black bill, contrasting with its pale crown and hindneck. As they age, the plumage of white-backed vultures becomes paler and plainer, especially the female’s; conversely, juveniles are darker, with lighter brown streaks on their feathers.
- It played Diablo the Raven in Sleeping Beauty (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Sierra in Africa VII: The Stone of Cold Fire
- They played Skeletrons (along with Lappet-Faced Vultures) in The Animal Movie (NatureRules1 Version)
- They played The CDA (along with Lappet-Faced Vultures) in African Animals, Inc.
- It played The Vulture in Dragon Tales (NatureRules1 Version)
- It played Butch in The Powerpuff Vultures